My early days as a new Muslim was filled with sheer guilt and sadness when I think of what I can do or done for my new found faith. We were passionate to take Islam to others, tell others how happy and content we are. But we lacked means, freedom and support to carry out this noble duty. But things have changed now. Alhamdulillaah, Allah has helped us to make this difference. We have grown stronger, more skilled and capable. The question now is what we CAN’T do for the sake of Islam. This indeed is a blessed accomplishment.
We, together with you would like to build upon these strengths and take this Da’wah work to a whole new level. You can join us at DA’WAH CORNER and help us in many ways listed below:
Da’wah through mails
What is Da’wah through mails means?
During the life of Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), he has sent over 300 letters to various rulers, kings, emperors and leaders inviting them to Islam. This proved one of the most effective ways of taking the noble message to others.
At these present times it is vital to understand the importance of this approach and put it into practice for best results. At DA’WAH CORNER, we send a leaflet having a biographical sketch of Our Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) to potential Muslims. We wish to expand this and you can also join us in the following ways:
1. You can share with us the mailing addresses of your non Muslims relatives and friends. By doing so we can share with them the true message of Islam
2. You can assist us financially to buy the needed stationary for this mailing effort (stamps, envelopes etc.)
3. If you are a sister, you can visit us at our office and help us in preparing these mails (folding leaflets, writing addresses, pasting stamps etc.)
4. You can also respond to many mails we get from various individuals who are interested in Islam
5. You can provide the business directories to reach wider recipients.
Da’wah through the Internet
DA’WAR CORNER, as an institution which realized the need of propagating Islam through electronic means, has launched two websites.
www.sihalamuslims.org, serves as a portal for anyone who like to know about Islam and its basics.
www.dawahcorner.net is a one stop research website where all the research artifacts are maintained. This is the first Sinhala Unicode Islamic website where anyone (Muslims and non Muslims alike) can share their views, opinions and ideas freely.
6. You can introduce these websites to your friends and relatives.
7. You can share with us the email addresses of your friends.
8. You can also respond to the comments made in these emails (provided you have the sound knowledge of Islam and know the etiquettes of Da’wah)
9. You can also post your comments and emails to these websites
- You can assist us with your Sinhala type setting skills in translating and writing Islamic articles.
Da’wah through Yahamaga Monthly
Yahamaga Islamic Monthly is the first of its kind in Sri Lanka which serves as primary means of taking our voice to the non Muslims. Diverse in its contents, Yahamaga contains news, social, economic, sports and current affairs analysis and many more features. You can contribute for this effort in the following ways:
- You can contribute through writing Sinhalese articles
- You can help us being a distributor among the non Muslims
- You can purchase copies and distribute freely among the non Muslims
- You can do a large scale mass distribution to libraries and organizations
- If you are skilled in Sinhala typing, you can type articles for us
- Also you can introduce people who can volunteer in writing articles
- You can assist us with your multilingual and translating skills by translating articles from English/Tamil to Sinhalese.
- You can help us by designing page layouts through using your graphic designing skills
- If you are a frequent traveler, you can be a distributor to those around you. Even you can help sending Yahamaga to the people living or working abroad.
- If you have a vehicle, you can use them to distribute this newspaper to various parts of the Island.
Da’wah through Dharmagaveshana Book Project
Dharmagaveshana Book Project was launched in year 2009 to serve two objectives in mind. Firstly to equip Muslims with the essentials of comparative religion. We believe this will enable the Muslims with the necessary know how when dealing with the non Muslims.
Secondly, to give non Muslims who are in constant thirst about Islam, a comparative view related to their own religions and beliefs.
You can assist us in this effort in the following ways:
- You can purchase books and distribute among non Muslims on read-and-return basis
- You can purchase them and give as a gift to the non Muslims
- You can sell these books among various people, libraries and other institutions
- You can read and send your research comments to its author
- You can also send your comments and constructive criticisms to the author. This will help him revise and update as necessary and also accommodate any changes in future editions
- You can help typing the books (new titles in the series and future editions) in Sinhalese.
- You can help by translating these books to other languages such as English and Tamil
- You can find us project donors for this project
- You can be the area distributor for these publications
- You can provide us with books of other religions and beliefs
- You can design the cover page of these publications using your designing skills
Da’wah through Sticker Campaign
There are many people who are eager to know Islam but find no place where they can feel comfortable and free knowing Islam. These stickers with its attractive admonitions and contact details serve as a landmark on where to find more about Islam.
You can help this sticker campaign in various ways:
- You can help us pasting the stickers in buses, trains, three-wheelers and other means of public transport.
- If you are not in a position to do the above, find us people to carry out this effort
- Since these stickers are pasted in many places and in many ways, you can act as a coordinator for a whole sticker campaign effort
- If you have means and finance to sponsor the printing of stickers, you are most welcome to do so.
- If you have a vehicle, you can paste the sticker promote our Da’wah work
Da’wah through Pennants Campaign
Many hotels and eating places in Sri Lanka belong to the Muslims. Turning this strength into an opportunity, DA’WAH CORNER has launched the Pennant campaign to give people an instant invitation to Islam.
You can help us in this pennants campaign through the following ways:
- You can help us by volunteering to installing the pennants in the hotels and other eating places
- You can also hang these pennants in your organizations and other private institutions
- You can also help us both financially and physical means in making these pennants
Da’wah through Newspaper Advertisement
Using the newspaper media is another effective way of propagating Islam. DA’WAH CORNER’s monthly advertisements in various newspapers help non Muslims to find a place where they can learn more about on Islam.
You can assist this Da’wah effort in the following ways:
- You can sponsor for an advertisement on behalf of DA’WAH CORNER
- You can help us designing the advertisement with your flair for creativity
- Many people respond/contact us as a result of these adverts. You can
help us replying these responses
Da’wah through Mobile Islamic Bookstall
Mobile Islamic bookstall is a means of giving the message of Islam to both urban and rural areas. Through the bookstall, DA’WAH CORNER uses every opportunity to give Islamic books for an affordable price and this creates a climate for the people to discuss and know more about Islam. We use places like vicinity of libraries, exhibitions, markets and other places where people gather for their various purposes.
- You can find a place in your area to install the bookstall
- You can help us by volunteering at the event where the bookstall is installed (ex: Exhibition, Carnival, Trade fair etc.)
- If you have a vehicle, you can assist by transporting books and other stuff needed to setup the bookstall
- You can help us giving discount for the books
- You can provide us with information on the venues/events that the bookstall can be setup (ex: Carnival, exhibitions, trade shows venues and dates)
Door-to-Door Da’wah is an open method of Da’wah where we visit every house and make the invitation to Islam.
You can assist us in this activity in the following ways:
- You can be a team member for the Door-to-Door Da’wah activity
- You can assist by giving transport for the Door-to-Door Da’wah team
- You can be a sponsor for the books distributed as part of this effort
- You may be a person who sincerely wants to give Da’wah to your neighbors but never had the opportunity to do so. By organizing a Door-to-Door event in your area, the team will do it for you.
One-to-one Da’wah is a more focused and interactive form of Da’wah where we speak to the individual and invite him/her to Islam. You can help us in the following ways in this:
- You can fix appointments between your friends with Brother Anver to introduce them to Islam
- You can do the needful for those who like to know Islam from us
- You can find us a house of a Muslim to conduct this One-to-One Da’wah activity
Da’wah through Pamphlets
Pamphlets are an effective means of giving a glimpse of Islam in a short and snappy way.
You can assist in this effort in the following ways:
- You can distribute these pamphlets in the bus, trains and among the non Muslims.
- You can also give the pamphlets to your Muslim brothers/sisters (as a gentle reminder of obligation) to distribute among the non Muslims
- Pamphlets are the most widely used in mass Da’wah. You can help us financially and through physical means to print them.
Free Books Distribution
Reading triggers curiosity. A curious mind is receptive to the truth and that’s what we are trying to achieve through free books distribution program.
You can contribute to the free books distribution in the following ways.
- You can find good Islamic books for free distribution
- You can help transporting the books to the designated location
- You can give us the contacts of those interested in Islam so that we can do the needful to give them the materials
- One of the major costs of this Da’wah activity is the cost incurred when distributing books by post. Our Da’wah reaches every part of the country and the cost incurred is also huge. You can help us by being a sponsor for these distributions by bearing these costs.
Sinhala Da’wah Academy
Sinhala Da’wah Academy is established to equip the Muslim Da’wah workers with the necessary language expertise needed to effectively do Da’wah among the non Muslims in particular to the Sinhala speaking masses.
- If anyone in your area interested in Da’wah activities, you can invite them for the capacity building workshops organized by DA’WAH CORNER
- You can also benefit from participating in such workshops and develop your Da’wah skills
- You can introduce Muslims who have the passion for Da’wah
- If you have Da’wah materials (you think will be useful), you can share with us
Audio/Video Unit at DA’WAH CORNER provides the technical infrastructure for recording and disseminating Islamic knowledge using audio visual means. You can assist us in the following ways:
- You can use your technical expertise to record Brother Anver talks and lectures. You will have all the needed equipments
- You can use your video editing skills and upload these talks and lectures to the internet
Da’wah through Audio/Visual Media
Audio/Visual Media unit at DA’WAH CORNER is established to promote Islam using media technology both in city and outskirts. You can help us in the following ways:
- You can organize wide-screen lecture events/Islamic documentaries for the non Muslims in your area
- You can assist us by providing transport of equipments for such events
- You can volunteer to be a team member in organizing and running these events
- If you are creative, you can assist us providing your creative insights for making Islamic documentaries and other presentations
Da’wah through Religious Research Library
Da’wah through DC’s Religious Research Library is formed to give its readers a wide range and depth knowledge on Islam and other religions. Da’ees and those are interested in doing Da’wah will find this facility full of information.
This also will provide a research facility to those who are interested in conducting their research.
- You can introduce the non Muslim friends to the Religious Research library.
- You can contribute with books that you find useful
- You can be a part of the library volunteer group
Da’wah through Awareness program
The main objective of Da’wah through Awareness program is to wipe off the misunderstanding about Islam and Muslims in non Muslim mind. This in turn will create a climate where the non Muslims will be supporting friends rather than ignorant foes.
- You can assist us by organizing Islamic Awareness programs in your area
- You can also provide refreshments for these awareness programs
- You can act as a volunteer for the event
- You can provide transport for organizing and conducting these events
Dawah through Branding
- You can lend us your business places (restaurant counter, kiosk in a public place, etc.) to do a complete branding with DA’WAH CORNER
Da’wah through Interfaith Dialogue
Da’wah through Interfaith Dialogue is a means of creating a common ground between faiths. Also this helps to create mutual understanding between faiths and nurture inter-religious harmony. Interfaith Dialogue effort of DA’WAH CORNER is initiated with these objectives in mind. You can help us in the following ways:
- You can invite Brother Anver to represent Islam/Muslims (in give a talk or a presentation) in your area’s or organization’s multi-religious events.
- You can help us by providing transport for these events.
- You can help us being a volunteer in organizing and running the event.
Apart from the above, you can help us in the following
- You can emphasize the importance of Da’wah to the Muslims, and tell them about the activities of DA’WAH CORNER and invite them for a lasting bond as a supporting member for DC’s Da’wah work.
- You can invite Brother Anver for your get together and special events to share his insights on Da’wah situation in Sri Lanka, what our role and obligations as a Da’ee
- You can install Sadaqa tills to raise money for DA’WAH CORNER’s Da’wah activities
- Those who are proficient in various skills such as video editing, hardware engineering etc. can volunteer to be part of DA’WAH CORNER technical team
- If you are a lawyer, accountant, you can share with us your knowledge and skills and help us in the respective areas (ex: legal aspects of publishing, financial accounting & auditing)
- If you are a retired person, you can dedicate a portion of your time for DA’WAH CORNER’s activities
- Nothing can be as powerful as making Du’a to Allaah. You can make Du’a for DA’WAH CORNER for its success.
None of us can claim that we are immune of making Da’wah. It was an obligation upon the messengers, Our Noble Prophet (Peace be Upon Him) and it remains an obligation to all of us until the Day of Judgment.
We Muslims cannot say that we are not well versed of D’awah and the non Muslims cannot say that they didn’t know and no one came to them with the message of Islam (after doing Da’wah activities at DA’WAH CORNER).
With the list given above, we have made the humble attempt to make Da’wah easy for you. We hope Insha Allah, this list will serve as a guideline in your Da’wah effort and earn the reward from Allah.
DA’WAH CORNER – SRI LANKA